So let’s begin here:
Where are you in your life right now?
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar?
- Do you feel that something is missing, and wonder what happened to that sense of purpose you once had?
- Have you been taking care of others for so many years, you’ve forgotten what it means to look after you?
- Are you in the midst of a huge life transition, or maybe several, feeling overwhelmed by the decisions that have to be made?
- Does your self-talk have too many “shoulds”?
- Or do you wonder: “What am I missing out on? My life is OK, under control, things are rolling along, but I often wonder where my zing and zest went.”
If they do, I imagine you’ve put your best efforts into climbing out of that predicament.
Maybe those efforts haven’t panned out.
When we’re in burnout mode, feeling like life is running us rather than the other way around, we either shut down and hide from what’s really happening; OR we work even harder to reach our goals (e.g., work until midnight, read more books, attend more workshops), doing the best we can to try to fix the situation.
The thing is, when we are running on empty already, more reading, and classes, and goal-setting just doesn’t cut it. If we are effectively depleted then the actions we take will come from that emptiness, and the results that we produce will be similarly empty.
Transitions can be hard, confusing, scary and the rest, whether they are foisted on us, or even if we’ve chosen them.
AND they can be thresholds into a whole new soul-satisfying life, or as one of my mentors calls it, “A big new free happy unusual life.”
Being able to move through transitions with grace and ease, and reconnecting to your passion and purpose can help you see all of life’s events and changes as opportunities for an expanded new life. You can learn how to transform life events from bad stuff happening to you, into creative choice points.
And you don’t need to do it alone!
Want to know more? Read about how I work.