As a transition coach, I bring enough experience, training and wisdom to assist you in your soul’s journey. Let me tell you some of the experiences I bring to my life coaching:
- I’ve been coaching for 11 years as a certified life coach,
- and another 30+ years as a professor of art history and advisor to graduate students at the University of Maryland.
- Lots of letters after my name: Ph.D. and CPCC (that’s Certified Professional Co-Active Coach)!
- My coaching clients have included people in career or life transitions (isn’t that most of us?), artists, dancers, writers, and other professionals.
- I’ve completed the 10-month Leadership Training through The Coach Training Institute, where I also obtained my coaching certification.
- Most recently, I’ve been certified as an MBTI (Myers Briggs Type Indicator) practitioner. I show up as an INFJ (my preferred functions being Introvert, iNtuitive, Feeling, Judging).
- I’ve offered workshops in many group settings on leadership, Feminist curriculum development, Mediation skills, Archetype Development, and Relationship and Team coaching.
- I am a meditator, and a student of Gurumayi Chidvilasananda.
- I study movement improvisation with Nina Wise, and am currently enrolled in her 8-month Immersion Course.
- I’ve walked the talk! Three years ago I decided that my life was too settled, maybe a little boring and predictable. I had an itch. So I sold my house in Maryland, got rid of everything in it, and drove west to California with my dog, Tango, and a friend who came along for the ride.
- And I reinvented myself into the bargain!
I love this work! Life coaching creates a heart-to-heart connection between peers, in a confidential and professional environment. I am continuously uplifted by the insights and life-enhancing progress my clients make.
My clients are a gift to me!